Tuesday, January 8, 2013

2012: Our most favorite year. So far!

Whew! What a whirlwind of a year!! In the spring/winter of 2011, Collin and I moved to Dallas. He had a job lined up in Irving, so off we went. I was SO lucky to find a job right off the bat as an accountant in Aviation for Lennar Homes also in Irving. We were newly graduated, and taking on the world as hard working, poor adults!

Then came 2012…
Collin and I had been dating for nearly 4 years, and I’m almost positive Collin was fed up with me talking about marriage! ;) (But, when you know, you know, right?!) It was my birthday that he decided to get down on one knee and completely take me by surprise! I knew it was coming eventually… but with it being on my birthday and us going out to a nice dinner, I thought for sure he would do it before dinner so that we could celebrate. So dinner came and went, then we went back to his apartment to relax the rest of the evening. I plopped down on the couch like I normally do… and Collin was aimlessly pacing around his apartment. I flipped on the TV and Collin immediately turned it off, which was very strange to me. He sat down on the couch and began saying the sweetest things to me and then he brought out my birthday presents. As I unwrapped the second gift I saw a box. Collin grabbed it from my hands as he got down on one knee and asked me to spend the rest of my life with him! Luckily he said all the nice things before I knew he was going to propose, because everything was such a blur once I saw him on one knee! God has truly blessed us with each other.



I believe it was the very next day when my mom was sending me ideas for venues, dates, colors...etc! We were both very excited to start planning! Collin and I decided to get married in Amarillo, and LUCKILY my mom enjoyed the planning as much as I did, because she was a HUGE help in EVERYTHING! 8 months came and went and as of October 13, 2012 we were officially Mr. and Mrs. Collin Gillaspie! The wedding was absolutely perfect. We were SO lucky to have so many family and friends come and support us. It was everything I ever dreamed of!

Also in the mix of 2012, Collin was accepted to grad school at The University of Texas at Arlington to pursue his Master’s in Business. He decided to stop working and focus full time on school. Well, school is only offered at night… so the job search has begun for him! I am still working at Lennar and really enjoying the company! They have been so generous with raises and bonuses that I think I will stay a while!

We cannot wait to see what 2013 has in store for us! We fully expect for it to be even better than 2012, which already has some big shoes to fill. So bring it on 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment