Wednesday, July 30, 2014

My new Angel

I can’t say that everything’s okay
‘Cause I can see the tears you’re crying
And I can’t promise to take the pain away
But you can know I won’t stop trying

I’ll be the angel by your side
I will get you through the night
I’ll be the strength you can’t provide on your own
‘Cause when you’re down and out of time
And you think you’ve lost the fight
Let me be the angel
The angel by your side

 -

Mom raised my siblings and I to be strong individuals. As much as I want to crumble and hide under a blanket until this storm passes, I have to keep going. More than anything, my heart hurts for Cameron, Dylan, Savannah, Cole, and Adam. Mom was the best and most loving Grandma. She was never hard spoken, never tried to mother her grandchildren, and always made them feel so loved and important to her. It hurts to know that my little girl won’t get to experience my mom’s love, but I know she will at least get to feel it. It’s within all of us. Learning to become a mom without my own mom’s advice will be my greatest challenge, although I am lucky she has already taught me so much.  A mom is an irreplaceable person in any girl’s life, but I am blessed to have such an amazing husband and family to help me along my new journey. She was my role model, biggest fan, advice giver, very best friend, and now my guardian angel.


post signature

3 comments:

  1. I see so much of your mom in you! Brooklyn is going to be one lucky little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Lauren! I know it's hard, but there will be so many times you'll remember something your mom taught you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are already such an amazing and strong mother! Love you!

    ReplyDelete